A week or so ago I signed up for this month’s “Write Motivation“. A few of the people I follow on Twitter do it regularly. They seem like a gregarious bunch. And I definitely need to get myself motivated to write more on months not beginning in Novem.
The rules are:
- Make a list of realistic goals for the month – and achieve them.
- Make a Blog Post every week (There is no specific day – just try to make an update post on a weekly basis). This is to help us keep tabs on our own progress, and for others to cheer us on if it’s a difficult week. Please link to the post in the #writemotivation hashtag and/or in the G+ group.
- Visit your #writemotivation team mates blogs, and participate in the #writemotivation hashtag to cheer people on
Since I’m new to this, I set very modest goals:
- Write at least 15k on E’s Beast
- Write at least 15k on Northern Heat
There are a load of other things on my plate, too. Such as reviewing line edits and doing manuscript assessments as my freelance editor self, book reviews as my reviewer self, and weekly edits on my serial (Dark Side of Black).
Since Feb 1, I’ve gotten 1569 words written on Northern Heat. It’s not great for a weekend but it’s something. I’m still two chapters ahead of what I’ve posted, so that’s good.
And since Northern Heat is the first time I’ve plotted pretty much everything from start to finish, that’s even better (I thought I’d be bored if I already knew what was going to happen).
Here’s hoping I write loads more!